Follow Me

Follow Me on and

Monday, December 30, 2013

Thank You!

Last week I was so mad and frustrated and I allowed that anger to speak venom.  I felt horrible afterwards because the situation was my own fault.  And then again, last Friday, another situation occurred that was out of my control.  I was upset but this time I remained silent and prayed.  I slept it off. It could’ve been worse.  It just felt like every possible thing that could wrong did, in a matter of days, and cost me money!  But God! But God has been too good to me for me to pout and throw temper tantrums.  I can’t always be in control and you’re a fool if you think you can control every aspect of your life (trust me, I’m still learning this). 
Instead of focusing on what I want to change for the New Year, I’ve been thinking about my accomplishments.  I’ve grown so much in 12 months.  I’ve gained new networks, enhanced my personal and professional development, started this BLOG, become a better person, joined a new church, etc! I AM SO PROUD AND AMAZED AT ME!  This girl here, that was written off as a loud-mouth-too-smart-for-your-own-good child.  I’m far from where I think I should be and right now I don’t even have a clue on where I’ll end up.  I CAN tell you that I’m much farther away from my fears and insecurities that I harbored for so long.  Every week I’ve been writing down short tasks and goals and making sure I accomplish them all (for the most part).  I’ll continue that habit in the New Year.
I want every one who reads this to praise your self.  Pat your back, clap your hands, SMILE.  You made it! You may not have lost the weight, saved the money, or got that new job but you’re alive.  Seize the moment and acknowledge your growth.  Keep pressing, keep fighting, keep reading, interceding, pushing, striving, moving, kicking, or whatever you need to do to get where you want to be.  I appreciate you all for encouraging me to pen my thoughts and I hope you’ll continue to inspire me! I have some great projects in the works for 2014.

Be Blessed,

-grannyBee

Here are some of my best moments of 2013:



2 comments:

  1. Each time I read your post, I would say oh this is a good one, but I must admit you do what you set out to do, inspire, encourage, lift up those that are down, you are so right we focus on what we don't have never much think about the life that we do have, and that we have control of certain situations. Keep up the great work, and may God continue to direct you in and on the right path. Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. B, I'm so proud of you for conquering your fears and letting your story be a testimony for someone else. Just think about how far you've come in the past 12 months-this time last year you were saying: "people keep saying I should write a blog, I want to have my own show, I want to be more involved in the community, etc". You've did all of those things in this short amount of time. You've progressed in so many ways. Stop over-analyzing everything! Don't let your mind talk you out of things that your heart desires! Keep dreaming big! "Most people fail in life not because they aim too high and miss, but because they aim too low and hit.”

    -Tcoop

    ReplyDelete

Be Nice!